Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Hero (old)

My hero is amazing

She is as bright as the rays on midday summers
She controls minds with inaudible lips that euphonize
And when she speaks lullabies symphonize notes to paralyze attention
She can change moods with kiddie humor
She saves the world, well, more like a household at a time

My hero can do flip after flip, and still chase me down
She can elevate a frown so high heavens hues hover under toes
She is as strong as an Ox when knee scrapes pause play
Because she only stops to say, “Ouch. A boo-boo. Oh bubbles.”

With two year old fingers too small to grasp dreams she can make it seem as though reality is a reverie
My hero can protect me from days sorrow and give me hope for tomorrow
She stretches sediments of questions so wide answers swim across oceans floor
With no effort my hero can move mountains mounted on shoulders too frail to carry loads
She can tell tales that make you dress up like
She combines food with handshakes and handclaps to create a pastel of greens and whites to fill the floor

My hero’s hair contains curls combined with ribbons too cute for church
My hero can be found napping throughout the day
My hero comes with hugs and kisses after long days away
My hero just got out of diapers and I love her

1 comment: