Thursday, June 25, 2009

D. K.

Roses, tulips, lullabies,
Swirls, butterflies, galaxies
And other words for poetry

She says, “Make me a poem”
And that’s what comes to mind

Only because as poets we’re supposed
To “stay away” from daffodils, angels, and heaven
Because it has now become “cliché”

Doves, kisses, and chocolate covered dreams
Seem to be as far distant as the distance that’s between us
The year to “change the world” is over
But there are those who Poet and those who read
So in a way we’re never too far

We stay in between words that hold space
Between the letters f, r, i, e, n, d, s
And you’ll always find us somewhere in between
Playing hide and seek with reality
Because we know sometime soon we have to go home

So we stay bound to trains that lead us to our hometown
Waiting for a friend to come home
Waiting for a poem to talk for us
Waiting…just waiting
Waiting for a poem from the other one

And I’m not one for dedications
Or admirations
Or any ions that binds people together
But chemistry always seems to be my friend

So I thank you for somehow finding my words
As appealing as the smile that is happiness
I thank you for “marry me?”
I thank you for thanking me
But most importantly I thank you
For being you, because without u there’s no us

So a toast to friendship
A toast to cupcakes, tea, picnics, beautiful,
Cute, dimples, subliminal, creations, world
Most importantly for words,
And language

So I can actually say them to you

No comments:

Post a Comment