Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Hand Out

Hold my hand…
Its cold isn’t it?

Well, now I know how your heart feels
You know you don’t have to hurt anymore?
You don’t have to die anymore
You don’t have to cry anymore

I can take the blame
I won’t be Akon though

Songs just cycle,
Words just change,
And my promise promises

Who am I to tell you to believe in me?

Don’t believe in me
Believe in your heart
Believe the warmth hands bring when gloves have done their part
Let me know if you need another hand
I’ll call my friends and they’ll be our friends

Then if I’m along I can call you
Because I’ll know you’ll come around
And when the cycle recycles it will feel
As though everyone has been here all along

But then, the handouts won’t feel like hands out
Because my hand will be reaching up instead of out

No comments:

Post a Comment