Saturday, June 13, 2009

If I'm in your dreams,
let me sleep so I can dream you into mine.
There we will meet and become one not only in verbs but with words.

Just tell me, so I know when to start dreaming.

I'll dream a dream that dreams its dreaming
because who thought it ever to be in your thoughts.
To live when everything else is asleep.
Yet, I lay awake wondering how did I walk so far into someone's home.
I don't know...but it feels good.

Just good. Not great because it's only that when you're around and not when I'm thinking.
I'm thinking, I'm thinking, whatever happens in a dream is luck or a shock to me.
Never thought i'd meet you in my sleep.
Somehow I also find you in between lines hiding
so I'll never find out what your dream was really about.

I hope I never find out Just so my real self knows that I once was thought of.
Then when I lay in bed I can sleep counting that one time over and over as if it were petals on weeds.
See, I'm a broken down flower with thorns that are as old as my color.

I'll be your flower, even if it's broken by the stem.
Hold me tight when the wind blows and I'll never let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment