Saturday, May 23, 2009

Free Verse Love

I have to love you the scripted way

Hold your hand everyday

Kiss your lips softly

Because that’s what the book says

I can’t walk alone, keep to myself

To be “good” I have to be like everyone else

Why not stand out,

Show the differences,

And see the wacky styles, when in comparison?

Why not?
Well, because the book makes predictions

What we should be

Giving us restrictions of what we could be

Why can’t we stop being actors reading a script,

And grow some balls and be a little different?

Because the book tells us not to

And frankly, we seem scared of it

The book needs to see an example of what true love is

So let’s give it a sample

Show how the connection really is

When the love isn’t being scripted

Don’t play by the rules; love me free verse

And I’ll be your side, for better or worst

Don’t blend in with the rest, be strong and stand out

Don’t be afraid to be the OUT crowd

Dig deep within and bring out originality

What makes you special gives you your individuality

Finally, I can see your true personality

When you’re not trying to be like me, he, she, we

Just you, to set your own standards

Make sure your voice is heard

Words of wisdom; divine truthfulness

Letting your tongue flow without being ruthless

This is how you behave

No more living up to what someone portrays

Today, you stray into the arms of reality

Break off the chains and free verse love me

I want you to love me in free verse

Because I’ll love you in Haikus

I will love you now,

Forever be there for you,

I love you always,

So let’s always write

Then we won’t be left with words unsaid

Maybe we can create alliterations

Always an answer after anyone asks about us

Us, Us, Us

You and me

I will be yours if you’ll be mind

I play with words so you’ll be in my thoughts

You are my thoughts because you let me live

I Carpe Diem,

Seize the day,

Not only with words but with feeling

I’m feeling

I’m feeling

I’m feeling like, maybe, I could possibly, somehow Poet love you

And it’s ironic that when I left home I met you

Only this time the scene wasn’t in a rhyme scheme

It wasn’t in a time line where lines times the signs made rhyme

Even then, when we were miles away the blues kept singing

And we just danced to the love written

Until the pen lost ink and I was left to love you

I free verse love you

No comments:

Post a Comment