Thursday, July 9, 2009

Reflections


Reflections lay you awake at four in the morning
Rives calls it “a time for even more grimmer time”
Alicia keys calls it “6:30”
I call it lying awake trying to find a time machine

Moments are times you see as flashbacks
You think,
“If only I could flash back to those moments in time
So I wouldn’t be up reflecting on them.”

You still do
You go back to smiles on lilies
You go back to roses in eyes
You go back to blues in tears
You go back to violets is another word for purple
You go back to colors

I’ve never seen any of those colors
I see in black and white; it’s so simple and pure
So I just watch my memories in old movie scripts
It’s all history left to be dug up by historians
I want to preserve my past so I can find my future

In the end they become reflections of my own reflections
They become my yesterdays, my todays, and my tomorrows
They will always be on my mind at a time too late to even want to think of them
They will be reflections and never a Kodak moment
A freeze frame that let’s me hold on to them forever
So they are lost until I find another time to exchange my sleep for thinking

1 comment: