Monday, July 13, 2009

"Gone Till Tomorrow" - Proverb The Poet

I listen to music to leave this world.

So when I walked around Detroit today I left reality.
And I lived in the Beauty Detroit Holds.
Here's a new poem about Detroit (wrote it tonight at the Jazz Cafe.)

Thank you Eboni for this line [They don't know you mean no harm]
(She helped me get out of being stuck)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back Home

Detroit
I'm back home

I missed your sweet melody
Honey, I'm home
So please, sing me to sleep because I'm tired

Take me in your arms
And whisper your songs
After all,
You are Motown

So sing, Detroit
Sing for me, sing to me

Let me hear you dream in poetry
Let me see you live in stereotypes
Let me know you are safe,
Even if you don't have a job anymore
Let me feel like I'm home
And that you'll never leave me

So sing, Detroit
Sing for me, Sing to me

Or wrap about burritos in South West
Keep the harmony of Jay Dee
Make me wonder why 9th wonder didn't have you in his songs
Because even the instrumentals he made were missing an Angel

But now everyone treats you like a stranger
So when they get close they call out Danger
But they don't know you like I do

They don't know you mean no harm
Your arms are like Miles so they hold me through my blues
And keep me on the road to home
So I'm always safe, even if you're smiles are boarded up
Because I know one day
I'll bring sunshine back to you

I just have to unpack it from my suitcase
It's in here somewhere
But until I find it
Sing Detroit, Sing for me
Sing to me
Sing Detroit, Sing

2 comments: