Saturday, July 18, 2009

For A Friend, To a Friend.

Saving Amy

I’m not Superman

But you make me feel like him

Only because your tears are my kryptonite

So your tears kill me

But being afraid of dying is living in fear

And I’ve never let anyone live alone

To some,

Being alone means being misunderstood

But God gave me knowledge over age

And I serve to use it

So when I met you,

After conversations between hello’s and goodbye’s,

I realized what it meant to be a Good Samaritan

I’ve saved many lives before

But you, you’re saving yourself

And that’s the most important thing in life

Because staying alive for your own purpose

Is better than feeling numb and searching for crumbs

Especially when meals fulfill

As though searching for your soul holds back hunger pains

And I’ve learned, from you,

That to be independent

Does not mean to live alone in your own room

But, instead, it means to take a vacation from everyone’s definition of YOUR life

So you just enjoy yourself by yourself

You find wealth not in the feeling sand leaves between toes

But in the comfort of knowing your self-worth

So you’re no longer looking for meaning

And more like searching for a way to fulfill His purpose

So instead of me dying, you have taught me to live

And I thank you for that

No comments:

Post a Comment