Friday, August 7, 2009

Saturday, March 28, 2009

"If I can teach something so be it. Hope somebody learn something from it" - Nas

I wish I could help the world more. There are so many people that need more, not want more, need more. There are people that need homes, people that need comfort, people that need a family, people that need a reason to live. I wish I could touch all of them with their stories. Meaning I wish I could be the mirror of their reflection so they can see how amazing they are. You don't need money to be a star. You just need to shine.

Yesterday, I went to a Silent Art Auction for Stand Up For Kids. As I was mingling with a variety of people I realized we are all trying to help out in some way or another. Yet, throughout my life, I still wish I could save more. I wish I had the opportunity to see more people and help them. It's a tragedy knowing there are people left behind. Not even through ACTS. It was a wonderful moment, a nice realization of knowledge. I learned that my life consists of service. As I told my life over and over to these people walking around I noticed that they're quite amazed at what I've done. I just laughed it off, and said it's a part of life. I kept hearing that question, "How old are you?" I wanted to tell them 10 years old. Just like I tell my students. (My grandma told me she was 11, 6-5...6+5 and thats why she's 11. She is young...and I've taken to doing that to my age as well.)
After letting out my age like another word for conversation, they just admired that age like it was the youngest age to ever accomplish anything. I couldn't believe it. They just stared with open eyes, even a Staff Attorney looked at me with admiration. They had wondered what would give me the reason to serve, to give, to help. It's all a part of my life.

I need not money, I need not admiration, I need not awards, I just need someone else to live better than before. I've met so many people in my life, and I am grateful for having the opportunity to do so. Now, I wish everyone the best of luck. This world is nothing without you.

I serve because I always have a new reason to serve everytime you ask me.
One day, you should just smile at someone, say hello, and have a great day. You might meet the 67 president....I know I have.

I leave you with this: In my Uncle's words I'm "Trying to live between the earth and the sky, and not get dirty."

One

No comments:

Post a Comment